- Over 70,000 1 people rely directly or indirectly on the UK tobacco companies’ activities for their jobs.
- Over 57002 people, many of them highly skilled, are directly employed in the UK by the TMA member companies.
- 20,000 of these are in companies who supply the industry with goods and services.
- Over 46,000 jobs are in distribution and retailing and are dependent on the industry.
- The impact of smuggling and the increase in crossborder shopping is being felt all over the UK, with small independent retailers’ livelihoods being particularly affected.
The Cogent UK factsheet is available to download here.
The Cogent Northern Ireland factsheet is available to download here.
The Cogent Scotland factsheet is available to download here.
The Cogent Wales factsheet is available to download here.